PV Designer APPLY NOW
Design and develop site plans for solar panel installation. The Design Engineer develops the initial system concept ideas and translates them into fully detailed construction ready designs. In this position, you will design the construction drawings/documents from start to finish using your CAD expertise. This is a fast-paced startup environment. Come be a part of a business that is rapidly changing the solar industry.
Pay: Based on experience
- 1-2 years experience with photovoltaic designs
- Strong AutoCAD and Adobe skills/knowledge of software
- Proficient in Aurora; Strong understanding of Electrical Code
- Proven ability to create construction drawings/documents
- Computer proficiency in MS Office programs (Excel, Outlook, Word)
- Provide design specifications for commercial and utility scale PV systems, as well as the occasional residential system.
- Create single line and three line drawings as necessary; perform design calculations related to string sizing, voltage drop, current capacity, over-current protection, wire sizing, etc
- Design flush roof mounted, ballast mounted, carport/canopy, fixed tilt ground mounted, and single-axis tracker systems.
- Know/learn Federal, State, and Local ordinance and regulations required to design systems that will pass all required applications and inspections.
- Create Bill of Materials to be sent to distribution
About Project Solar/ Working With Us
Project Solar is the lowest price solar in America . . . and not by a small amount. We've literally cut the national average solar cost in half. This has led to rapid growth and a fair share of angry competitors. We are a startup working in a fast pace, high intensity environment. Learn more about our story here.
Project Solar Inc is an equal opportunity employer, does not consider any protected traits (e.g. race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, non-job-related disability, age, or any other protected trait) when hiring—under federal, state and local laws. We are a drug-free environment. We don’t conduct pre-employment drug screening; however, we do conduct random drug testing on site.